Food Photography: Lighting
Food Photography:From Snapshots to Great Shots
Photo 2 & 3- Mrs. Estoch
1. On pages 46-49 what did the photographer do to style the food in the images?
2. ”Different light sources create different _____________, ___________ and ___________.”
3. The best color of lighting to use for food photography is ______________ balanced.
4. Tungsten lighting gives off the colors of a ______________- _____________ tint..
5. It is best to use __________ color of light on the food you are photographing.
6. What are some ways to subdue light that is too powerful? (p. 53)
7. Why is diffused light so important in food photography? (p.53)
8. What are some ways to make sure you do not over-expose your images? (p. 54)
9. Why is backlighting preferred? Give three reasons.
10. What can be used to block some of the light if it is too harsh coming in from the window? When would this be useful?
11. Which direction is best for your window to be facing to get a diffused sunlight?
12. What are four tips for photographing your meal at a restaurant?
13. What are the two basic types of strobe lights? (p. 66)
14. What is the max speed of a strobe light? What does that mean for your camera shutter speed?
15. What is a continuous light and what are the pros and cons of using one?
16. What is a reflector? What can be substituted for a professional reflector? Why is it beneficial?
17. What is a softbox, how does the size affect your lighting?
18. What is another lighting option? (p.73)