Objectives: The student will learn:
• Be able to create strong images which show photographic concepts and skills
• Continue the development of their sense of composition.
• Learn to appreciate the visual aspects of one's surroundings.
• Think of what the final composition will be while shooting.
• Continue the development of critical analysis in a positive manner.
• Respect the work done by others (critique)
Project Requirements: Total of 30 Points
After viewing photographic works by Andy Goldsworthy and Patrick Dougherty, students will compose photos of their own environmental art. Student must design two environmental works to be photographed. Students may work in pairs, but then four works will be due. The works must be made of natural materials. You may incorporate wire or string. A total of 6 best images will be due (for two works of environmental art). Experiment with focus, depth of field, lighting and value, line etc…It is up to you to use the photos the draw the viewer in. You must have 6 strong images for this assignment. Photos must be placed in class assignment folder when done.
Click here to view Slide Presentation about this assignment
Click Here to View Assignment & Rubric